LET'S MAKE THE PERFECT MORNING AFTER CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST 🥞🎄❄️
Still in a sweet tooth mood this festive season?! Try these delicious Christmas Spiced Pancakes 🥞🎄
As always you can get all ingredients from a @foodloversmarket near you!
What you’ll need:
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup coconut flour/ or oat flour
1 tsp of cinnamon powder
1 tsp ginger and all mixed spice powder
3 tbsp maple syrup or agave sweetener
1 cup plant milk (cashew, rice, almond, or oat milk)
1/2 cup sparkling water
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp of coconut oil
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
For the sauce:
A few blocks of dark dairy-free chocolate
½ cup frozen raspberries or frozen mixed berries
1. Sift the flour and the other dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of plant-based milk and stir well (this will give the effect of buttermilk, and adds moisture to the pancakes).
3. Add the all the liquids (including the milk) to the dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk until completely smooth.
4. Add 2 tbsp of the mixture to a nonstick pan and form small round pancakes. (Add coconut oil to the pan if needed)
5. Stack golden pancakes on a serving plate.
6. Melt the chocolate in a small pot over very low heat and place into a little jar.
7. Next, melt the frozen berries in a small pot until they are dissolved and have a sauce consistency.
8. Drizzle the berry and chocolate sauce over the pancakes.
9. Decorate the pancakes with some fresh fruit, cinnamon or mint leaves.
10. Plate up and enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee.